Monkey Bread Smiles & Silent Days

Hiya readers! How was everyone Thursday so far? I hope it was great:) Today has been very fun. I just finished eating dinner (my day: Tacos w/ Rice & Beans, Mango Juice, Monkey Bread) and a tutoring sess. It has been a very chill day actually. I woke at 8:30 am, had Bible study w/ the fam, went back to sleep, woke up again 10:45 am, studied some more AP, prepared for my session, had a Rocky marathon w/ the sibs (it's ironically Sylvester Stallone bday), and cooked dinner. It's funny that dinner keeps coming up in this post because I took a pic of the Monkey Bread🙊 I've been planning to make it for a long time, and it finally came to pass and beautifully if I might say so myself. Take a look!


Isn't she a beaut? Look at that glisten tho! That was a lot of butter and love haha. I was so excited to dig in I forgot to take a pic before I semi-destroyed it😅 Thankfully, she was mostly intact so I just grabbed some spare pieces and created a Monkey Bread smiley face (she has a lot of teeth). I paired this dessert w/ some ice cream (um why not lol) and homemade chocolate sauce (go big or go home peeps). SO DELICIOUS! I based my recipe off Allrecipes' which was very simple and scrumptious-looking. You should try it! (TIP: turn this baby around in the oven a few times for an even bake.)

I was thinking about the #songoftheday this morning and at first, I couldn't decide what song to choose. There was no song that fit today. That's when I realized that some days are designated for silence. When we are aware of the missing soundtrack of our lives, we can hear everything else. A word of wisdom, the sound of nature outside our window, and most importantly the Lord's voice. God has days for us where we need to just take out our earphones and wait and listen. Which is why today's #SOTD is: silence. Let's listen:)


Guess what?! I've got an item on my Birthday Gift List. If you guys haven't read that post, check it out for a little humor. Numero cinco on my list was a Gel UV Light Kit + Essie Gel Collection, which is what I purchased yesterday! To be more specific, I bought the Sensational Nail Starter Kit from Target. It was a great price and has very high reviews. I might post a review of it myself on the blog! Keep your eyes peeled for that😜

And the #scriptureoftheday is *drumroll* 


complements of my sister, Gracelyn👯

That's basically what's up w/ Brookie:) Thanks for commenting + sharing! Catch ya later alligators💚



Comments

Popular Posts