Ancestry Surprises + 1st Restaurant Review

Aloha readers! How has everyone's 4th of July weekend been so far? Mine has been pretty interesting. I've studied for AP, helped set up + participated in a tea party, and watched Get Out. In contrast, my Sunday has been pretty chill. The fam and I had Bible study, ate omelets, and just rested from the busy weekend. I'm trying to grab every hour leftover till school tomorrow!

So, the prompt of the day is:

Have you done any research into your ancestors? What interesting surprises have you discovered?

You guys all know of my birthday gift plans to purchase a DNA test. I'm still thinking about actually doing that with maybe Ancestry DNA, so I might learn something about my ancestor if I do use that company. However, there was one time that my ancestry found me when I was digging into history. In 5th grade, I had to complete a project on an important figure in history. My teacher gave everyone in my class a long list of names based from the unit we were studying. I choose a random name, because I couldn't decide and it was the only women on the list that I had never heard of. The person I choose was Mary McLeod Bethune. Bethune started many schools and college for African American children in the United States, where few were available. If you want to learn more about Mary McLeod Bethune, visit this link. As I was completing this project, I mentioned it to my mom who quickly called my grandmother. I can still remember my mother thrusting the phone into my hands, and my grandmother saying that Bethune was her cousin. I was shocked! I mean what are the chances that I would do a project on this extraordinary women in the first place? What are the chances that we were related to one another? Only God can arrange that! It's amazing how when you go digging into history, it spits back pieces of yourself. 

YAY! Prompt completed:) Now that important part of the post is completed I wanted to share a restaurant reviewπŸ˜‹ I'm really just going to wing it (food pun) and see what happens lol. Here we go!


Restaurant Name: The Mill Kitchen & Bar

Description (found on the website): The Mill Kitchen and Bar is a farm to table restaurant in heart of Roswell, Georgia. Featuring modernized southern cuisine that is simply delicious.

Address:  590 Mimosa Blvd, Roswell, GA 30075 

Rating: πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘ out 5

Review: Very delicious food! I enjoyed how they put a twist on southern food. Also wonderful service. They were quick and informed us ahead of time that they were only serving small plates and salad because they were preparing for dinner. This is one of those places you always what to go inside when you pass by it one the road (shoutout to my mom!). Plus great decorating and vibe! 

Ordered (based-off memory): Brisket Spring Rolls (😍), Nashville Hot Chicken Sliders, Fried Key Lime Pie w/ Coconut Ice Cream (😍), Banana Foster Ice Cream 

I also have some pics of my meal which I will post indubitably (did I use that word correctly haha). So that was my experience at The Mill Kitchen & Bar. I hope that you guys try it out! 
#SOTD: Rewind by Andy Mineo (it's an oldie)

+ also new addition of #scriptureoftheday (which ironically has the same beginning letters as #songoftheday) by my big sista, Gracelyn:

So that's basically what's happening w/ Brookie:) Thanks for commenting + sharing! Aloha againπŸ’ƒ 

Comments

Popular Posts