Favor in the Office


This time he would prove to her that he was right. Dallas had collected all the perfect evidence against her, and had practiced exactly what he was going to say. Dallas was finally going to stump her. He couldn’t wait to watch her fail. Alana was the perfect employee, always succeeding at whatever she touched. She had climbed the work ladder with ease, and was favored by all the management. Dallas was the opposite. He procrastinated on projects, never completed all his work, and blamed all his failures on Alana. Dallas has lost his position to Alana last week and was ready to get his revenge.


Dallas confidently walked down to the main office of the building filled glee and excitement. He approached Mr. Walker, the coordinator of the small facility, and asked for a private meeting with him and Ms. Alana Evans. Mr. Walker agreed and called Alana to the front. Dallas felt his adrenaline pumping as Alana entered the room. Dallas asked both of them to sit down and he began to prove his case. The other two were shocked, by the end of his speech. Alana's mouth was opened wide as her eyes covered her forehead, while Mr. Walker looked flabbergasted. “I am very surprised, Dallas. Alana, please go get your stuff.” Dallas smiled broadly, as Alana began to walk. “Move all your belonging into the room beside mine. I would like for you to work alongside of me, starting tomorrow. Dallas, I’m sorry to say that I cannot have people like you on my team. You’re fired.”


Now it was Dallas turn to be flabbergasted. “How? Why? WHATTTT?” “Alana has already told me all this information. She apologized and asked to resign yesterday. People who admit their mistakes and want the best for the company are that type of people I would like to keep. I hope you understand my decision. Please leave, I have more work to do.” Dallas rushed out of the room and ran over to Alana. “Why do you always have to win?!? WHY!?” Dallas screamed. “Read Proverbs 3:4,” Alana replied,” I just follow the Lord and I find favor wherever I go.” Dallas responded, “That’s baloney! This isn’t a joke! I just lost my job, because of you!” Alana quickly snapped back by saying  “I didn’t make you lose your job. YOU did. Now please go before Mr. Walker comes. I don’t want you to get in more trouble.” Dallas pushed her out of his way, ran to his car  and thought, 'Why must the whole world be against him?!?!'

Proverb 3:1-4 says, “My son, do not forget my teaching, but keep my commands in your heart, for they will prolong your life many years and bring you prosperity. Let love and faithfulness never leave; bind the around there neck, write them on the tablet of your heart. Then you will win favor and a good name in the sight of God and man.” Alana followed the commandments and found favor everywhere she went just like in the scripture. Dallas ,on the other hand, did not have the same blessing as Alana, because he didn’t follow the commandments (but he also did not have a relationship with the Lord). But more importantly who are you: Dallas or Alana? Do you follow the Lord and find favor?

Comments

  1. WoW Brookie! This story was AWESOME - I learn the lesson. Hugs babygirl - Mom!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do my best to follow the Lord- Hugs and love you

      Delete
  2. Wow! Amazing story and outstanding writing skills!! Love it!! I'm so proud of you!! Auntie Niecey.. Love you!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Type how you feel about this post and the answers to the question, basically.

Popular Posts