Surprising Love



Dallas stared at his alarm clock, as the minutes swirled away. Tick, tock, tick, tock. He could not sleep due to the horrible day that he had experienced. Alana had won again, and there was no one to comfort him on his lost. Dallas was good at making friends, but had trouble keeping them. ‘I lost my job, my confidence, and my life,’ he thought. Dallas’ thoughts forced him to stay awake. He also couldn’t stop thinking about what Alana said, “I just follow the Lord and I find favor wherever I go.” She also quoted some scripture from the Bible that he had forgotten. Dallas stood straight up, hopped out of bed, and speed-walked to his computer. He typed slowly ‘favor scripture in the bible’ and got quick results. The fifth result looked familiar so he click the site. Dallas read the scripture in shock. He was a pretty good guy! He helped people! He didn’t sin (well, purposely)! So how come HE didn’t find favor like Alana. That stuff was baloney, just like he said before. No old book could solve his problems! Dallas walked back to his bed and laid down.  Tick, tock, tick, Zzzzzzz. Dallas finally was lulled to sleep by his alarm clock.


When Dallas awoke the next morning he felt a lot better. After getting dressed for the busy day ahead he remembered that he had lost his job. “UGH! All because of stupid Alana!” he said aloud. Dallas decided to go job hunting instead of sitting alone at home. Dallas checked the newspaper for any job offerings, and found a couple that paid well enough. He set out to find a job and returned later defeated.

Apparently Mr. Walker had vented to all his CEO friends what a bad employee he had been. They didn’t even give him a chance! Dallas’ rent was due this week! What was he going to do?!?! Desperate for work, Dallas went to the local supermarket and asked if they had any open position. Ten minutes later, He had a job. It was a lousy job (in his opinion), but it was a job. Suddenly, BUMP! He ran into Alana. Wonderful. “How are you, Dallas? I was just thinking about you,” Alana said cheerfully. “Fine, until you came along. You’re in my way, so please move,” he replied sarcastically. “Hey, don’t be that way. I was hoping we could be friends, put our differences aside. Did you read the scripture I told you?” she joyfully asked. “I did it fact,” he said in monotone, as she smile broadly,”And what a waste of time it was!” Her face dropped to the ground. “Oh, well. Do you wanna come with me to church this Sunday? I would love the company,” she replied. “Uh..I don’t know..I’ll have to think about it,” he stuttered in surprise. “Here’s my number if you change your mind. Bye, Dallas!” she said as she walked away. ‘Wait! Why are you being so nice to me? I was evil to you,” Dallas asked. “Read Matthew 7:12. You’ll understand soon enough,” she smiled back.


Dallas’ mind was in shambles. ‘Should I go? Should I trust her? ’ he thought to himself as he got ready for bed. Dallas couldn’t make up his mind, but finally decided to go. ‘Even if she is tricking me, I’ll be ready for it,” he determined.

Matthew 7:12 says,”Therefore all thing whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them; for this is the law and the prophets.” This simply means ‘Treat others the way you want to be treated.’ The Lord wants us to treat each other nicely, because we are all his creations. We are all his children! How would you feel if someone treated your children rudely? Treat people with love, as Christ loves you. Be like Alana by showing people like Dallas Christ-like love. 

Comments

  1. Love this! I can't wait to read more about Dallas and Alana! Awesome read!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is impressive! I love how you combined a fictional story to the bigger picture, "treat others the way you'd want to be treated." Amazing! I'd love to read more from you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Type how you feel about this post and the answers to the question, basically.

Popular Posts