Free College Tee Quest

Good afternoon internet buddies! Here's something that I originally wrote as a speech for a TeenHop Leadership Gavel Club meeting. I got a lot of laughs, so I thought it would be a great idea to share it w/ you guys. It'll just replace usually prompt of the the day. Enjoy:)

T-shirts are simply amazing. They are comfortable, easy to wash, and somewhat stylish. Free t-shirt are even better! But cornucopia of the t-shirt world is the college t-shirt. The ability to look clever and cozy is a challenge, but college t-shirts check off these characteristics with ease. This is not surprising considering college t-shirt are usually wore by college students who are usually in their dorms or classrooms. Both of which are where people like to wear comfortable attire. However, college t-shirt can be expensive considering they are just t-shirts. A cotton tee can be priced at $1 but add the NYU to the front and you'll have to pull out a pretty penny. That's why free college t-shirts are spectacular.

If could you look at the t-shirt I'm wearing now, you might notice it's from Illinois Wesleyan University, a school that you mostly likely have never heard of unless of some coincidence. I never heard of Illinois Wesleyan University until they contacted me as many college do during your junior or even sophomore year. I was mostly likely never going to apply to this college even though they sent me as very nicely worded email, until they advertised that if I confirm my address they would send me a free t-shirt. As they promised, Illinois Wesleyan University sent me a t-shirt 3 days later and caught the eye of a possible (but not very likely) student. This was the beginning of the free college t-shirt quest.

In the summer of 2003, a young highschool obtained 1,000 free college t-shirts from colleges all over the country. He emailed a total of 1,700 schools asking for free merch (specifically t-shirts) and many complied and sent him their monogramed slices of heavenly cotton. Is that all it takes to get something like this *pulls at shirt*. A well mannered email offering a address and shirt size? I guess so, because this is what I plan to do when summer finally begins for me in late July. I'm not the only one has also attempted to copy the first t-shirt guy, and I most likely won't be. I just wanted to tell you all before you hit me up later this summer, I'll most likely be writing emails to schools like Illinois Wesleyan Uni asking for a free t-shirt. Let the quest begin!

Yes, yes, I know. This a genius, yet time-consuming idea lol. You can try it too! I still have figure out a actual plan and email outline to make, but till then I just wanted to share it w/ you guys. 

SOTD: Cruising by KB

So that's basically going on w/ Brookie:) What's basically going on in your life? Comment below! So long, farewell of wiedersehen, adieu adieu, to yieu and yieu and yieu👐

Comments

Popular Posts