He's Got The Whole World In His Hands




“Dallas, calm down. Your mother is going to love it. Ha! Usually you're the one telling me to calm down,” Alana consoled. “But what if her favorite flowers aren’t peonies anymore, what if her favorite food isn’t gumbo anymore, and what if she doesn’t like doing crafts like she use too, what if-,” Dallas trailed off. “Don’t worry. The Lord is in control. Your mother is going to love everything. Just take a deep breath and repeat after me: Everything is in His hands. There is no need to worry. Okay?” she responded. “Okay. Thanks, Alana. Let’s go get the rest of the supplies,” Dallas explained. “No problemo. AUTOBOTS, ROLL OUT*!” Alana laughed.


“Oh man! What am I going to do? The apricot jelly cream cheese is melting, the sweet potato pies are getting crushed, and the fruit-infused water is literally boiling!” Dallas groaned. “Do I have to say it again, Dallas? Calm down. Remember: Everything is in His hands. There is no need to worry,” Alana encouraged. “If he was in control, none of this would have happened! The whole party is ruined, and mom will be heartbroken!” he retorted. “YOU TAKE THAT BACK! Don’t you ever say that again! If you were in control, then maybe none of this would have happened. But the Lord does everything for a reason, and I believe this was just a test.. He knows now that if things don’t go your way, you don’t trust Him,” she explained. “Of course I trust him! Look at all I’ve been through. I just feel like He takes a little bit longer to complete promises. Remember that job I had a the supermarket? I had to work there for a while, till the Lord finally got me a job with Elona**. I lost my apartment, because my pay was so low. Is that perfect timing or am I a lunatic?” he complained. “You're acting like a lunatic, and I can see I’m not getting to you. I think you should think about this alone. I’ll catch a cab back to the community center. Bye Dallas,” she miffed. “What? Alana don’t be like that. I didn’t mean it,” Dallas lied. “I’ll see you at the party, and hopefully you’ll be straightened out.” Alana responded with hesitation.


Dallas knew he was right. There was countless list of thing that God hadn’t done on time causing major consequences. If only Alana would get to her sense and see the truth. Dallas looked at his phone. ‘Aw man! Only an hour till the party starts, and I still have to set up. Hurry up slow tow truck!' he thought,’ I’ll just past him.’ Dallas drove around the large truck without considering what could be ahead***. Suddenly a large oil tank truck rushed in front of him. Dallas swerved right, trying to avoid the disaster ahead, but he knew he might not make it in time. Suddenly the oil tank and tow truck stopped abruptly. “What just happened?!?” Dallas exclaimed with shock.


“Sir, you were very close to death,” the police officer explained,” Both the oil tank and tow truck ran out of gas, even though both the drivers said they filled their tanks recently. If they stopped a second later, you would have been seriously injured or killed. This was a miracle!” “Oh, wow.” Dallas stammered. “It’s okay, sir. You’ll be in shock for a while. We called your mother and father, and they’ll be here shortly. Okay?” the officer politely said. Dallas didn’t reply. All he could think about was,’Everything is in His hands.”


In this story, Dallas had serious pride, believing that he could do thing better than the Lord with better timing. Proverbs‬ ‭19:21 says,“We humans keep brainstorming options and plans, but God's purpose prevails.” There is no one who can do a better job than the Lord. He does everything PERFECTLY, and there is no end to his greatness****. So remember: Everything is in His hands. There is no need to worry (or think you can do better).


*Creds to TRANSFORMERS
** Read about Elona in: “Answered Prayers”, “My Best”, “Don't Look Back Because You Will Lose Track"
***Dallas is driving on a two-way, two-lane road.
****Revelation 21:6


P.S. Two days after Dallas was kicked out his apartment, there was a fire that destroyed the entire building. Many were injured and five people died. The fire was started in Dallas’ old apartment due to frayed wires (electrical fire).


P.S.S. Dallas’ mother’s party took place a few hour after the accident. Everything went smoothly, and Dallas’ mother discovered a new love for slight apricot jelly cream cheese dip, sweet potato pie crumble, and fruit tea

Here is a song connecting to the theme of this post:
 

Comments

Popular Posts