Don't Be A Fool!



Blah, blah, blah. Would he ever stop talking! Alana had stopped by at Timid Oaks* just to hang out with Dallas, when one of the resident decided to vent. A lot. He had be going on for an hour and a half, when Alana finally decided if no one was going to close his hatch he would never stop. “Excuse me, sir, but may you please stop talking, so that the other resident can have a turn,” she said politely. “I guess it was right. ‘Speak not into the ear of a fool, for he will despise the wisdom of thy words,” the older man harrumphed. “There is no reason to be rude, sir. I was just trying to let the other guest speak!” she fumed. Too bad he had already left the room.

“Ugh, Dallas! HE was so rude to the residents and me. He called me a FOOL! Takes one to know one, old geezer!” Alana vented. “Alana, calm down. Can you please repeat what the man said?” Dallas inquired. “Something about ‘Don’t talk to fools, hating wise words.’ I didn’t hear that well,” she answered sarcastically. “I’ve heard that somewhere...Hmm..It must be a proverb or scripture of some sort. Wait! I’ve got it!” he exclaimed as he reached for his Bible,” Ah! Here it is. ‘Speak not into the ear of a fool, for he will despise the wisdom of thy words.’ - Proverbs 23:9. Wow. That’s very interesting. So I guess he was calling you a fool, Alana. But according to this scripture, he was right. You weren't listening to his wise words.” “Oh, so now everyone is against me!” Alana seethed. “Calm down, Alana! No one is against you! Proverbs 1:5 says,’ A wise man will hear, and will increase learning; and a man of understanding shall attain unto wise counsels.’ Accept wisdom. That’s all the man and I are saying. Don’t be a fool and reject it.” Dallas consoled. “Whatever. See ya later, traitor.” she blurted. “Bye, Alana.” he sadly emitted.


“Excuse me, ma’am,” the old man interrupted,” Alana, wasn’t it? I wanted to apologize about what happened the other day. It was rude how I acted to you.” “It’s normal for some of the residents take their anger out on the volunteers. I forgive you,” she replied. “I was just trying to spread some wisdom around, to you young volunteers,” he consoled. “Like what? I thought you were just talking about how bad the food was here, Mr...” Alana teased. “My name is Joe Huckle, you can call me Joe. I was telling the story about how I sued a company who completely lying about the product they sold me. In the end, I won three million, which was enough to pay my mortgage and put my kids through college. I learned that you should never settle for less and always fight for what is yours,” Joe explained. “Wow! That’s awesome! What else were you talking about?” she asked. “I’ll tell you tomorrow, Alana. I need to hit the sack,” he replied. “Okay! But before you go, I wanted to say I’m sorry for the way I treated you too. You have lots of wisdom that needs to be spread around, and I would be a fool to let is pass by.” she complimented. “I forgive you, Alana. Goodnight, Alana!” Joe cheerfully responded. “Goodnight, Joe. See ya tomorrow!” She replied excitedly.

Alana had trouble listening to wise guidance, which would lead her to many problems in the future. There are people put in place to give wisdom, to help us in the future. In this story, two scriptures were quoted, Proverb 23:9 and 1:5. These scripture pretty much summed up to say: The wise accept counsel, while the fools don’t. So DON’T be a fool, and listen to wise advice, even if you don’t like it.

P.S. I need some advice on my blog! Comment story ideas, ratings, and anything else you can think of! Thanks and God Bless!

*Read "Answered Prayers"

Comments

Popular Posts