Straighten This Before The Sun Goes Down Tonight...

Hola readers! I'm about the join a Just Dance marathon (got all the Just Dances lined up), but before I do I wanted to post something. So let's start with a prompt!

If you had a child who had done something very wrong, such as stealing, how would you punish them?

Since we already had a example like stealing, I'll use it for this situation. The first thing I would do have a long talk w/ my child about the situation (why did you steal, why did you think it as okay to steal, and why isn't it okay to steal). After this long convo, we will discuss the punishment which depends on the age of the child. If the child is between 5-11, then I would most likely discipline them (can't spoil the child) and have family meeting about the situation. We would then discuss ways to avoid the temptation to steal. If the child is between 11-18, I would most likely tell them the punishment will come in phrases. First, they will receive full cleanup duty around the house for two weeks and have to pay sevenfold the item(s) they stole. Then I'll slowly remove items they valuable from them and alert them that it was stolen from them. After two months (concerning behavior), I would return the items. That's how I would punish them for stealing.

How would you punish a child for stealing? Comment below! Throughout the process I wold try to stay calm and avoid acting in anger, which lines up w/ the #songoftheday and #scriptureoftheday. I was listening to an old song by TobyMac about a couple having argument and trying to resolve it. If you haven't guess the song yet, here's a lyric hint:

"That's got me thinking' that we're never gonna get it right/ I wanna straighten this before the sun goes down tonight/ If I could only fight the bitterness I feel inside/ This thing is eating me alive"

And the song is.....

#SOTD: Start Somewhere by TobyMac


I actually only chose this #sotd because of the lyric "we gotta straighten this before goes down tonight". It reminds me of a scripture that I saw on YouVersion's Bible app (great company, great app). They just turned up together, and I wanted to share they w/ you all.


So that's basically what's up w/ Brookie:) Comment + share! *drops the mic*😎

Comments

Popular Posts