Food & Productivity

To blog or not to blog, that is the question: Whether is is nobler on the site to lack bi-weekly posts lol. Well, as promised here's a post on this beautifully humid Thursday. It's a bit late, but the night is still young so why not finish off the day with a bang💥

I made the blackberry pavlova just as I planned, and it was delicious but kinda fell apart on me. I didn't have any parchment paper for the meringue (first successful one so yippee!), so I had to improvise with a silicon pie pan greased with vegetable oil. I sat that on a metal pie pan which sat on flat pan. It worked beautifully; however, my first silicon pan wasn't greased enough which caused the meringue to break when I tried to remove it. It was very fun to make, but I had to began around 11:00 am to get a set, finished product by 6:00 pm (time the fam eats dinner). I served it with fresh whipped cream, creme anglaise (not traditional but delicious, Flying Biscuit), blackberry syrup, and topped w/ fresh blackberries. I think that I put a bit too much cornstarch, but overall it was a good first pavlova.

I also made a Turkey Sausage Caprese Quiche, which turned out wonderfully. I mentioned one Tues, that I purchased a pie crust from Target. It really improved the quiche overall compared to the one from Aldi's. We also had a Sweet Jasmine Tea Slushy. It was very refreshing and easy to make and serve. The sweet tea and jasmine combo play well together, and I recommended that anyone try it. Just take 3 cups of already prepared sweet tea, 3/4 a cup of very strong sweetened jasmine tea (maybe 3-4 tea bags), and 1/2 a cup of lemon juice and mix them together. Put your mixture into a covered container, and let it freeze for 1-2 hours. Scrap of the partially frozen edges, and let it sit for another 1-2 hours. Repeat the scrapping process. Let it again sit in the freezer for 1 hour. Scrap the edges one finally time and serve. For a little something something you can line the edges of our glass with sugar + arrange a thinly sliced lemon on top. It was very crisp, especially with the muggy, hot weather we have going on (if you live in my area lol). I just realized I take for two long paragraphs about food, and now I'm a little hungry haha. I hope I haven't tricked your brain for a late night snack as well, which reminds me that I need to find a solid chocolate chip cookie recipe😉

Beside cooking all day, I did some very productive chores making a very productive day. I washed and folded my clothes (which means I have more clothes to fold tomorrow ugh) and cleaned my room + I filled datebook w/ important engagements I have coming up. In fact, I took a pic of my date book (calendar, whatever you want to call it) to share w/ you all. It has all these cute add-ins for every month, and I realized that I forgot to complete July. We still have a few days left, so I filled it up as accurately as I could. 

So that was my day. If I could describe it in three words, it would be:

1. Productive
2. Successful
3. Strenuous

It was longgggg but good:) How would you describe your day in three words? Give it a try in the comments! 

Let's finish up w/ the #songoftheday and #scriptureoftheday....

#SOTD: 24's by Canton Jones (oldie but a goodie lol)


courtesy of YouVersion + G

That's basically what's up w/ Brookie:) Thanks for commenting + sharing + reading! Write ya next Tuesday💬

Comments

Popular Posts