Longest. Day. Ever.


I've never been so thankful for the solitude and silence of my room. All the company I need right now is this computer, my bed, and a Outshine strawberry pop (not my style - more of a grape or lime kinda girl). I mentioned yesterday that I like to keep a schedule to organize my busy life. Thank God for schedules, because Lord knows that I depended on mine today. Here's how my day went:

*beginning movie music - slightly peppy but mellow*
Opened my eyes to music (Baby Baby w/ David Audé by Amy Grant) at 6:00. Snooze...snooze...snooze...Finally left my bed *tears up* Made bed (lowkey annoying but makes my room look 100x more put together). Got dressed w/o mascara (tip: never leave purse in car) and packed bag w/ laptop, phone, organized AP1 binder, and last but not least some honey roasted almonds lol. Went to school, but was 5 mins late to due to detour. 3 loonnngggg hours of lecture w/ one 10 min break. Talked to some classmates (such nice people) and prayed my pen wouldn't run out of ink. God bless all the children who are traditionally schooled. 20 min break for lunch where I nibbled on some nuts (forgot to cook mini-quiches and bring w/ me😭) and print out textbook forms and AP1 lecture/lab notes. Then I skipped (more like dragged myself) off to lab, which was fun but also long. Completed pH lab and another microscope lab and reviewed stuff till 2:30 pm. Looked at monkey bread recipes while I waited for the fam to rescue me.

So yes LONGEST. DAY. EVER.

But it's not over yet😌 Started dinner (Roasted Ginger Honey Drumsticks with Lightly Creamed Spinach & Toms and Parm Potato Crisps and Samoa Blondies) and waited for the oncoming wave of babysitees. Returned many pieces of wood from garden attempt #1 to woodpile.  The babysat arrived around 4 pm. Finished dinner in like 2 hrs and watched and played w/ kids (three, ages 2 through 7). Cleaned kitchen, which was significantly harder when babysitting (the dishes just don't stop). Kids left around 9 pm. Collected my popsicle and laptop and rushed to my Fortress of Solitude (but w/ a honeysuckle candle).

It was long and tiring, but I LOVED it. I loved talking to people at my school and my professor and my family and the kids. That was way too many "ands" but they're necessary. I really enjoyed today, though I think one run is enough to prove it. So what did you do today that made you love life even more? I spent it with people that I loved and activities that challenged me. I'm really thankful for this life that God has graced me with. I mean life alone is such a gift, but I get the added bonus of being me! And you get to be you! That's a privilege I wouldn't trade for anything:)

You might remember that I said I would "prevail" and post a pano pic of my school. And all I can say is Oops! I was so busy being busy that I forgot lol. But I did manage to snap a pic of a old red wagon that I'm going to use for garden attempt #2. It's very tres chic aka dusty and rusty. In a few month, that Radio Flyer will be holding peas, carrots, tomatoes, mint, basil, and lots of other delicious plants. On top of that, it will be spray painted tiffany blue and gold because why not😏 I will add that pic to this post as soon as possible (laptop curfew at 11 pm)!

Plus YAY! Day 2: Blogging vow completed! I thought that it would be difficult writing something everyday, but its like these words are stopped up in me and they just flow as soon as I see the keyboard. Let's keep the streak going😆

So that's basically what happening w/ Brookie:) Please share and comment!
Nighty nighty y'all😴

Comments

Popular Posts