Rotten Bones of Jealousy





‘Why couldn’t have God blessed him with a new car?!’ Dallas thought as a member of the congregation shared his testimony. The man hadn’t had a vehicle in months, till he received a phone call from a woman who believed that God wanted her to give him her car. The next day the man had the car and title in his name. Dallas was happy for him, but didn’t understand why God didn’t bless him as much as other people. He followed the Lord with all his heart and avoided sin like rotten milk. So why wasn’t he as blessed? ‘I should call Art. He can help me.’ Dallas decided.


“Hey, Dallas! What can I do for you?” Art greeted. “Hello, Art. I went to church today and listened to all the testimonies. God has blessed many people at church, but I felt like he hasn’t done anything for me. I pray for blessings, but I don’t see any changes. What should I do?” Dallas explained. “Oh, I see. It looks like you bumped into the green-eyed monster. The tenth commandment is ‘Do not covet.’ I’ve noticed that people who deal with jealousy aren’t thankful for what they have. Dallas, remember when God blessed you with that job and raise?” Art reminded him. “Oh, yeah. I almost forgot. Glory to God!” Dallas exclaimed,”Well, How do remember not to be jealous?” “Do what you just did! Praise the Lord for the all the blessings around you. Health, family, shelter, and food. Give God all the praise and the envy will be forgotten,” Art responded. “I’ll try it! Thank-you, Art! God Bless You!” Dallas said full of hope.


“The Lord blessed me today, by reminding me again of his great love for me. He sent his only son to die on the cross for my sins. That’s my testimony!” Dallas explained. The whole church clapped and gave God the glory. When the next testimony came, Dallas praised the the Lord for all he had done for him and for what he had done for person telling the testimony. No rotten bones, but life to the body! The Lord had set him free from envy!

Proverbs 14:30 says,”A heart at peace gives life to the body, but envy rots the bones.” Also remember the tenth commandment. The Lord doesn’t want us to be envious of our neighbors. He wants us to love one another, and how can you love someone when you want what they have! Thank the Lord for everything he has done for you to erase jealousy, so that you can follow the Lord and have in your body!


Here's a song that applies to the theme:

Comments

Popular Posts