My Best




Dallas confidently strolled through the office, his arms full of papers. The day was almost done, and he was ready to go home. Just as he past Elona’s* office, she called him inside. “Hello, sonny. There seems to be a problem. You know the new employee, Ayanna, who just became my new receptionist/secretary. She completes her work on time, types very well, and answers the phone without missing a beat, but she’s not perfect.” “Whad'ya mean, Elona?” Dallas inquired. “Whatever work she does is always messy and inaccurate! Whenever she types it’s always days late! She always on phone, but not on company business. I think she has plenty potential, but I’m thinking about firing her. Then I remembered your last job. Mr. Walker told me all about you and what a horrible employee you were!” Elona explained. “That’s the past, Elona. I’ve changed.” he insisted. “I know. You’re one of the best employee Timid Oaks has. I’ve decided that you will mentor Ayanna; Teach her the ropes on offering her best.” Elona resolved. “I’ll try my best.” Dallas promised. “If you succeed, look forward to a bonus.” she encouraged.

This was harder than he thought! Ayanna did everything mediocre! “So, Ayanna, why do you think Elona sent me to mentor you?” he question. “I don’t know. I thought I was doing a pretty good job.” Ayanna grumbled. “See that’s your problem. You judge your actions by your own standards! I know you’re a follower of Christ, so listen to this scripture. Colossians 3:23 say,’Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men.’ Do you think that your standards are as high as the Lord’s? No one’s are! You must do things as unto his standards to please him.” Dallas taught. “So I have to everything better than I think it should be?” Ayanna concluded. “Yes! Do everything better! Imagine the Lord reaction unto your works.” Dallas professed. Thank the Lord! He finally got through to her!

“Thank-you, Dallas! Ayanna’s work has improved dramatically!” Elona exclaimed. “Thank the Lord not me! I’m just happy he gave me his Word.” Dallas responded. “Well Glory to God! I’ll give you that bonus starting on this week paycheck.” she promised. “Thank-you, Elona! God Bless you!” Dallas proclaimed.

The Lord wants the best from his children. He will not accept mediocre offerings. Proverbs 3:9 says,”Honor the Lord by giving him the first part of all your income.” The Lord doesn’t just mean your income, but your work, how you treat people, and how you think. Everything is a offering unto the Lord. The question is: Are you offering your best? Are you Cain or Abel? 


*Read about who Elona is in "Answered Prayers"
Inspired by Gracelyn and Nancia Leath

Comments

Popular Posts