Love 'Em Like He Loves You



Alana's head was in the clouds, as she typed a report on her computer at work. She was only half paying attention during the staff meeting. Alana was absent-minded as she drove home. The whole entire day all she could think about was love. Last night, she had heard God whisper,” Do you truly love my people, as I love you?” “I don’t know,” she replied aloud. She couldn’t sleep for hours, thinking about what the Lord had said. Did she really love people? If she did then where was her proof? If not then how to to change? Alana decided to talk with her friend Noa*.

“Hey, Noa. I don’t mean to interrupt anything you’re doing, but I was wondering if I could come over?” Alana politely asked. “Sure! I was just thinking about inviting you over. Come right now! You can stay over till 4:30. I just made some of my famous marshmallow cookies,” Noa replied excitedly. “I’ll come over right now then! The Lord has put something on my heart, that I think you can help me understand it.” Alana explained. “Great! I’ll see you soon! I’ll text you my address” Noa replied.

“Welcome to my home, Alana! Would you like a cookie?” Noa offered. “Why, thank-you. These are delicious! Your house is so nice!” Alana complimented. “Oh, thank-you sweet heart! Come on and sit down so we can talk,” Noa sweetly commanded. Alana sat into the comfy chair as told, and began explaining what the Lord had told her the night before. “Hmm, that’s interesting. And the Lord sent you to me! He is in control!” Noa said joyfully. “What do you mean?” Alana inquired. “I dealt with this years ago. The Lord had asked me if I truly loved people and I was very unsure, just like you. Then He gave me another revelation. The only way to love people is to love them as God made them, UN-including sin. When you love people your care for them, respect them, and lead them to the unlimited love of God.” Noa taught.”That exactly what I needed to hear. Thank-you, Noa!” Alana said full of gratitude. “Don’t thank me. Thank Him! Oops! It’s 4:30. Sorry, Alana. I’m going to have to ask you to go. I have personal prayer everyday at this time.” Noa explained. “No problem. I’ve got to go anyway. Thank-you for inviting me into your home, Noa! Bye!” Alana politely said as she walked out the door.

Dallas noticed something different in Alana. She was so loving and caring! “Alana, what happened to you?” Dallas curiously asked. “God helped me discover how to really love people. For example, John 13:34 says,’I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. As I have loved you, you should also love one another.’ I think I finally know how to truly love people,” Alana answered. “Can you teach me?” Dallas eagerly asked. “Sure.” Alana replied with a smile.

The Lord want us to love one another as he has loved us. Loving someone means to appreciate the way God made them**. Remember John 13:34. Jesus loved us so much that he died for us. Do you love everyone that much? If you truly do, then congratulation you're following the Lord's command. If you aren’t, then make changes today so you can treat people with love. Use the rules that Noa taught and remember the Father’s love for creation and you, and show true love to everyone!

*Noa is from “I Didn’t Feel Like It…”
**Love them and not their sin/Don’t condone their sin

Comments

Popular Posts