Don't Let The Feels Mess Up The Deals




Alana knew that she shouldn’t have acted like that. The poor guy was just trying to provide for his family. She may have been a little rude when he interrupted her phone call, but that was no reason to lash out at him. ‘Why didn’t I think before I did something?’ she grumbled. I always had a problem with controlling my emotions, and this end now! I should call Dallas and Art*! They can help me!


“What’s the word, hummingbird?” Dallas cheerfully chirped. “Hey, Dallas. I have a problem...Can you meet me at the church in Art’s office around two o’clock,” Alana sadly asked. “Sure, Alana. Are you okay? You sound pretty glum…” he acknowledged. “I’ll explain when we meet up. Pray for me though, I need it. I’ll see you later. Okay, Dallas?” she emitted. “Okay, Alana. I’ll see you at two. Call me if you need anything, promise?” Dallas insisted. “I promise. See ya later,” Alana agreed. “Bye, Alana.” he farewelled.


“Hello, Alana! It’s so good to see you! What seems to be the problem?” Art welcomed. “Yeah, Alana. What’s wrong?” Dallas added. “It started this morning. I was on the phone with my boss walking into the supermarket, when a guy interrupted me and asked me if  I would like to donate. I didn’t mind donating, but I got very angry when he interrupted me. I lashed out like a crazy woman! I have felt bad about it all morning. What do you guys think I can do to fix this problem and control my emotion. There has been too many times where I have let them make my decisions,” Alana explained. “Wow. Well, I’m happy you came to us for help, but I think that we need one more person to help. Her name is Noa, and she has the spiritual gift of wisdom. Let me go get her!” Art responded. “That sound’s like a great idea!” Dallas agreed.


“Hello, my name is Noa. Art told me your problem, and know just what to do,” Noa crooned. “That’s wonderful! God bless you!” Alana warmly complimented.” “Proverbs 25:28 says,’Like a city whose walls are broken down, is a man who lacks self-control.’ For you, self-control of your emotions. Some people use the acronym WWJD, or ‘What Would Jesus Do?’. I like to think ‘What Would Jesus Want Me To Do?’. Just think about that acronym before you do anything.
Also, I think it’s best that you apologize to the Lord and people that you hurt. I hope it works for you. I’ve gotta go, Alana. It was nice meeting you!” Noa said as she left the room. “But!...Oh never mind..Bye Noa!” Alana replied.


“Bye Ashton!” Alana happily said ,as she left the the supermarket the second time that day. She had gone back to apologized at the man she had lashed at. Alana already felt better and was ready to put ‘WWJWMTD?’ into action.

The Lord wants us to follow him, not our feelings. Feelings aren’t evil, but they cannot be why we do thing. My mother never accepts answers that began with,”I didn’t feel like it because…” Remember Proverbs 25:28. We have to have self-control over our emotions or we will be broken city walls. So be like Noa and Alana, and follow what Jesus would want you to do.

Comments

Popular Posts