Hey, It's the Sabbath



Dallas was down on his knees, praying, when his phone rang. “Hey, Dallas! It’s Alana. I was wondering if you want to come to this new restaurant in town. It would be so nice to get try something new. I've already been to the other restaurants in town and I—," Alana trailed off. "Alana, I can't go today. It's the Sabbath, so it's dedicated to the Lord. I have to get off the phone now. I'll talk to you tomorrow, okay," he explained. "Oh, okay. Well, then what do I do, today? I want to honor the Lord," Alana asked. "There's many things you can do, Alana. You can pray, read your Bible, rest, and meet up with other believers and talk about the Lord," Dallas offered. "I have an idea, Dallas! How about we meet up with other believers Bible study?" Alana said excitedly. "That's a great idea, Alana. Invite all your Christian friends over. We can have our first Bible study tonight at my house," Dallas extended. "This is going to be awesome, Dallas. I am so excited to learn about the Lord with all my friends, tonight!" Alana lilted. "Calm down. Alana. I see you at 6:30 PM. Okay?" Dallas decided. "Sure! I'll bring some snack over for everyone, too! See ya tonight!" Alana responded.

"Hello, everyone! Welcome to the first Bible study, hosted by Alana and me, Dallas. Praise the Lord, you all got here safely!" Dallas greeted. "Hi I'm Alana! Thank you all for coming, again!" Alana added,"Let's get this party started! Who wants some chips with dip?" Alana was gossiping with her friends and forgetting the whole point of the get-together, but Dallas knew exactly how to fix it. "Alana, can I talk to you for a moment, privately?" Dallas whispered. "Sure. What is it?" she inquired. "Alana, this isn't just a party. We are here to honor the Lord, so that's what we should be doing. If that not what you came here for, I'm going to have to ask you to leave," Dallas pointed out. "Oh, I'm sorry. I got all caught up in the party, and forgot why I came. I know how to fix this!" she exclaimed. She walked to the middle of the room and turned off the music. "Everyone! Can I have all your attention!" Alana exhorted,"There seems to be a problem. You see Dallas and I invited you all here to have a Bible study to celebrate the Sabbath, but that not what's happening. Dallas and I have decide to start the Bible study over and do it the right way! We are going to re-meet in the sitting room down the hall. You are all welcome to stay or leave, and thank-you all for coming out." Many disappointed people left the house, but many good believers stayed. The Bible study had begun!

The Sabbath, Saturday, is the day dedicated to the Lord. Exodus 31:13 & 17,"Speak thou also unto the children of Israel, saying, Verily ye shall keep my sabbaths: for it is a sign between me and you throughout your generations; that ye may know that I am Jehovah who sanctifieth you...It is a sign between me and the children of Israel for ever: for in six days Jehovah made heaven and earth, and on the seventh day he rested, and was refreshed."
On the Sabbath, we should spend time with the Lord and develop a strong relationship with him. The Sabbath starts on Friday sundown and ends on Saturday sundown. So start dedicating your Sabbath to the Lord and remember that He is Jehovah who sanctified you!

Comments

Popular Posts