He Knows it All, We Don't



Alana sat next to Dallas as Pastor Arthur taught a short sermon. "Everyone should a have a verse or chapter that they can save for rainy days. Mine is Psalms 91. I find comfort in the darkest times knowing that the Lord is my refuge and my fortress. I challenge you this week to find your own verse or chapter and we'll talk about it next week. I hope you all have a wonderful Sunday!" Art explained. Alana knew this was going to take a while to find the perfect verse.

Alana aggressively read her Bible, searching for the perfect verse. John 3:16? Nope.
1 Corinthians 13:7? Nah. Psalm 23? No! This was hopeless! There were to many to chose from, and none that fit her perfectly! She decided to call Dallas, because he would help her.

But he didn't. "Alana, this is between you and the Lord. I don't want to give you my input, when the Lord can give you his. But if it helps my verse is Psalms 62:2." Dallas offered. "It doesn't help! I can't find anything that would help me during hard times! That's why I called." Alana said in frustration. "Why did you call me and not God? I'll talk to you tomorrow. Good night, Alana." Dallas questioned. He hung up on her! The nerve! Alana remembered then to control her emotions. Maybe he was right? Why did she call him and not God? Well, that's what she was going to do now. Alana prayed for hours asking God to give her a piece of his word to strengthen her. She soon grew tired and fell asleep on her couch. Beep! Her alarm rang. Alana slowly walk over to the clock which read 2:00 AM. She didn't set that alarm... Suddenly and audible voice whispered,"Galatians 2:20." Alana ran to her Bible and flipped to the verse, knowing the voice was God. As she read, she smiled and wept with joy.

The next morning on her way to work, Alana remembered to call Dallas. His phone went to voice mail. "Hey, Dallas. It's me Alana. I wanted to say sorry for the way I acted last night. Thank you for being a true friend and directing me back to the Lord. Call back as soon as you can. God Bless!" Alana politely apologized. She had learned her lesson and knew not to go to people for answer, but to the Lord who knew all the answers.

People do not have the answers to life's problems, but the Lord knows all. He knows what problems you will have today and tomorrow, but you must know that he is in control. He will protect you just as he protected Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-nego (Daniel 3). So go to the Lord with your problems and trust that he will help you
.

Comments

Popular Posts