Gifts for the Good News



Alana looked forward to volunteering with Dallas at the animal shelter today. He had become addicted to volunteering, since getting that job at Timid Oaks, and some of it was rubbing off on her. He had volunteered so much, that he had run out of places around town! Dallas had led many people to Christ through his volunteering excursions. He had finally found God’s purpose for him. He acted like a different person! She was so proud of him!

“Hey, Alana! How are you? Are you excited to play with the puppies?” Dallas greeted. “Who wouldn’t be! I’m doing great, Dallas. How about you?” Alana responded excitedly. “I’m ready to get my hands dirty. I’m going to help clean some of dog cages.” Dallas explained. “Wait, am I required to help clean?” she asked a little downcast. “Of course not. I was just hoping to talk to another one of the volunteers named Dante. He’s sixteen and very skeptical about Christ.” Dallas continued. “I’ll pray for you both. You know what, I’ll help clean the cages! The puppies can wait.” Alana decided. “Are you sure? It’s not all fun and games.” Dallas questioned. “I’m positive. I want to help you with Dante.”Alana pointed out.

“Hey, Dante. This is my friend Alana. She’s going to help out.” Dallas exclaimed. “Hello, Dallas. Nice to meet you Alana.” Dallas muttered. “Nice to meet you Dante! I’m so excited to volunteer. What brought you here to Ruff Mutts*?” Alana politely inquired. “My Beta club requires service hours, so I come here every other week. What about you?” Dante answered. “Dallas and I are friends. We also go to the same church.” Alana explained. “Oh, so you’re a Christian too.” Dante retorted. “Yes, I have accepted the Lord as my savior, if that’s what you’re asking.” Alana affirmed. “I don’t believe in any of that stuff.” Dante admitted. “I was just like you, Dante.” Dallas added. “You were?” Dante curiously poked. “I didn’t believe in anything. I was a horrible person running through sin, and I thought I was alright.” Dallas enunciated. “What do you mean ‘I thought’?’ Dante emphasized. “Romans 3:23 says,’For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God.’ I had fallen short, and I was going to hell. That was till Alana introduced me to Christ…” Dallas taught.

“Hallelujah! Glory to God! I was thinking about it before, Dallas, but now I know for sure that this God’s purpose for you.” Alana announced. “God’s purpose for me?” Dallas questioned. “ Romans 8:28 says,’ All things work together for good to those who love God, who have been called according to God’s purpose.’ God’s purpose for our lives is to share the good news with our gift. You shared the good news to Dante. You would have never known him if you didn’t use your gift, volunteering.’ Alana explained. “That’s make sense! Well, all the glory belong to God. You up for a sandwich? Clean cages can make you ravenous!” Dallas offered. “You’re right about that. Where do you want to go?” Alana asked.

If you already know the good news of the Lord you should share it. God’s purpose for us is to use our gifts to share the good news, just like Dallas. Read the Parable of Talents (1 Corinthians 12:1-11). The meaning of the parable is to use your gifts to multiply God’s kingdom. Some people don’t use their gifts at all or use them for their own glory. The master of the last servant was mad because he didn’t use his gifts. That’s how God feel when you you don’t use yours. So use your gifts for the glory of God’s Kingdom, and spread the good news!


*Ruff Mutts is the name of the animal shelter 

Comments

Popular Posts