Why Can't He Hear Me?




‘Why don’t I hear your voice like Alana? I read the Bible. I pray. I try my best not to sin. I just don’t understand why…’ Dallas thought. He was kneeling next to his bed, praying. He had been in this position for hours, hoping for an answer. Dallas slowly got up and swerved his head around the room. Nothing had changed. Filled with disappointed, he walked over to the bathroom and got ready for bed. Dallas was beginning to stain with doubt, but was planning to try again tomorrow.


“Hey, Alana. Can we meet in the park? I need to talk with you about something,” Dallas asked. “Sure, Dallas. What’s wrong?” Alana curiously inquired. “I’ll explain at the park. Meet you there at 12 pm?” he responded. “Okay, then. See later…” she replied confused. “Bye, Alana. See you soon.” Dallas said.


Alana walked over to a bench and read her watch. 11:54 am. He would be here soon. She was confused by how Dallas acted on the phone. She knew something was wrong, and Alana was concerned with his well-being. ‘Here he comes…,” she thought to herself,’ God please help, help him.’ “Hey Dallas! How are you doing today?” Alana sweetly greeted. “I’m okay. How about you?” he politely replied. “I’m doing great, but enough about me. We came here for you, so what’s the problem?” she gently asked.”Well, you know I’ve been asking the Lord to speak to me, and I haven’t heard a word.” he explained,” You’re a more developed Christian than I am, and I was wondering if you could help me.” “Oh, Dallas. It may take a while for the Lord to speak to you, but just keeping praying,” she informed him. “I’ve been praying for weeks, Alana!” Dallas exclaimed. “Dallas, I prayed for months. I’ve know people who prayed for years. The Lord come at the perfect moment, but you just to have faith and pray.” Alana pointed out. “Oh.. I didn’t know that. I thought He spoke to you the first time you prayed,” Dallas mumbled. “One song that helped me get through that period is called ‘Clear the Stage’ by Jimmy Needham*. My favorite lyrics are: Take a break from all the plans that you have made, and sit at home alone and wait for God to whisper/Beg him please to open His mouth and speak and pray for real upon your knees until they blister. Those lyrics really helped me push through,” she offered. “Thanks, Alana. I really needed this, because I was becoming doubtful. God bless you!” Dallas happily responded. “No prob, Dallas, but all the glory goes to God. You still up for that restaurant that I was talking about? I hear they serve lunch…” Alana persuaded. “I’m up for it. Let’s go!” he agreed.

John 10:27 say,”My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me.” If we are really his sheep we should incline our ears for his voice, but the only way to do that is to know his voice. The only way to know his voice is to know him. God may call you out though, like Abraham, but if he hasn’t then you need to take the step to hear him. You can read your Bible, pray**, and spend time with Him, just develop a relationship as though he was a new friend. He is your Heavenly Father, and he wants to know you too.

*Creds to Morgan King for introducing me to this song
**Praying is just talking to God

Comments

Popular Posts