More Than You Know (Repentance)



Dallas sat in a wobbly pew next to Alana, who was intently listening to lesson. Dallas was surprised at how interesting the sermon was, full of humor and strong points, but he was still wary of making Jesus his “savior”.  He followed the rules, and didn’t hurt people intentionally. So, why did he need saving? Beside that, the lesson was great. On the way out of the building he decided to thank Alana for inviting him. “Thanks, Alana! I really enjoyed the message,” Dallas said. “I am happy you did! Would you like join me next week?” she asked surprised. “Um...I’ll have to check my schedule,” he justified. “That’s fine. Would you like to join me for coffee? I always grab a cup on the way on home,” she optimistically replied. “Sure. I’ll follow you in my car,” he responded.


Dallas and Alana sat across from each other at a small round table sipping their drinks. After a couple minutes of useless chit chat, Alana inquired,” Would you considered follow Jesus? Like Pastor Arthur said?” “I don’t know. I could never be spiritually like you guys. I mean everything he said was good advice, but I just...I don’t think it’s for me,” Dallas described. “Jesus loves you so much, Dallas. He died for your sins,” Alana said passionately. “That’s my questions. What sins?” he uttered. “For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God (Romans 3:23). You have hurt a lot of people, Dallas, including me. How do you think I felt when you told Mr. Walker all those things?” she sadly retorted. “Okay, fine! Since I treated you wrong I’m going to hell! Is that suppose to be mercy?” Dallas spit back. “Think of all your sins. The Lord has a criteria, the Ten Commandments, but we all don’t meet it. God has to judge us all or he wouldn’t be holy. That’s why he sent his son to die for our sins. We would have died for our sins without his sacrifice. Even me,” she replied lightheartedly,” I don’t want  to push you into this. This is between you and God. He loves you, Dallas. More than you know. Read John 3:16. See you later.” Alana pushed her chair in and walked out the coffee shop.


Dallas once again stared at his dark ceiling, trying to fall asleep. Was he really in need of a “savior”? Dallas stood up and went to his computer monitor, and typed in John 3:16 into the browser's search. As he read the scripture, he had a feeling that he was going to have to make a big decision.

John 3:16 says,”For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.” Dallas has a big choice to make, just like many people still do. God is holding the door open to his kingdom, but will you step through. I encourage you to step through the door. If you already have, REPENT. Make sure all your sins are washed away by his blood. He DIED because he loves you (just like Alana said) more than you know.

Comments

Popular Posts