Apple Of His Eye




She had literally NOTHING to wear. Ugh! What was she going to do?!? Everything was too thin, too ruffley, or too bright, and Dallas was going to pick her up in a few minutes. “Oh Lord, please help me!” Alana said aloud. Ding dong! Oh no! He was here! “Just a minute, Dallas! Let your self in!” she screamed. “Okay. We have to leave soon though, Alana. The volunteering event start in thirty minutes, and the traffic is little heavy,” Dallas responded, as he opened the door. “I said I be ready in a minute,” she retorted,” I just have to finish my hair.” “Don’t get all dressed up. We’ll be out in the hot sun all afternoon,” he advised her. “Okay, I’m ready. Whaddaya think?” she asked, as she walked out her bedroom. “You’re wearing that?” he gasped.

“Alana, I didn’t mean to offend you,” Dallas explained, as he rolled out the driveway. “Oh, sure you didn’t,” she replied sarcastically. “I mean it! But I am still curious. Why did you choose that particular outfit?” he asked curiously. “You really want to know?” she faltered. “Yeah, you could have easily chosen a t-shirt and a pair of pants like always.” he averred. “That’s exactly why! I’m so sick of wearing a t-shirt and jeans! No one notices me,” Alana thundered. “Why do care if people notice you?” Dallas persisted. “I’ve been a plain Jane my whole life! I never get unnecessary attention like..oh nevermind…” she trailed off. “Who?” he contested. “My friend Candace. Every time we go somewhere together people stare at her and look past me! People start conversation with her, while I sit and watch like an outsider! I want the attention that she always seems to get. That’s why I wore this today...Because I wanted the attention that Candace gets…But I’ll never compare to her...” she sadly realized. “Oh, but Alana, you don’t need anyone’s attention. You have the Heavenly Father’s. He’s always watching in adoration when he see you. In Deuteronomy 32:10 he refers his children as the apple of his eye. That means he cherishes you above all things*. And his opinion is more important than all the people in the world, even mine!” Dallas chuckled,” Just think about how much the Lord cherishes you whenever he sees you. There is no need to compete with Candace.” "Really? I’m the apple of God’s eye...Wow.. Thanks, Dallas.” Alana smiled,” In that case, can we go back to my place. This polka dot tutu is really itchy!” “No problem. I thought you would change your mind,” he laughed.

Psalms 139:14 says,” I praise you for I am fearfully and wonderfully made.” The Lord made us not to be praised by others, but so that we could praise him. No ones’ opinion of you matter’s except God’s. He loves you and you are the apple of his eye, just like Dallas said. So be confident of yourself in God for you are made in his image**, and he cherishes you.

*Creds to Wikipedia
**Genesis 1:27

Comments

Popular Posts